Thursday, April 2, 2009

surgery update


Well, it is the day after surgery and all is going fine. I was home yesterday by about 1pm and managed to crawl up 3 flights of stairs without much problem.
They had put a nervee block in my leg leg so i didn't feel anything from ly left knee down till about 6am this morning it started to tingle and the feeling started to come back. So now it is just living off pain pills but I can't complain as the pain isn't that bad. I just keep it elevated at all times. I am scheduled to go back to the doctor on april 15th. Howerver, I will see how next week goes becsaue i was hoping to be back to work by the 13th. My boss already said theyw ould work with me if I needed to keep the foot elevated. Riught now it is securely wrapped and i wear a bladck velcro boot that has a large reinforcement at the heels so when i can put slight weight on the foot it will all go towards the heel and nothing on where the surgery was. I even sleep with the thing on becasue the doctor said that woud be smart since i have been know to be a rather crazy/rough sleeper.
Dad and mom came up the night before surgery since i had to be at the hospital at 5:30am. Dad went home last night and mom will stay here through Friday sometime when Dad comes back to sioux falls to pick her up. Mom, has been busy doing laundry, cooking some meels for me etc..... right now she is taking a well deserved rest and sitting out on me deck. I am going to go put the foot up for awhile again but maybe tomorrow i can put on a picture of the boot i wear so you ahve a better idea.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ARLA ---- GLAD TO KNOW YOU ENJOYED THE DAY WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS.
Love, Vonda

1 comment:

Shane and Jody said...

Vonda we're glad surgery went well! Shane says to make sure you take it easy :)