Friday, March 16, 2012

Grandpa and Grandma in North Dakota!

Hi All,

Most of you probably know, but thought I would update anyway. Grandpa and Grandma came to visit Jess and I this week as I was on spring break and Jess is not working right now. We had so much fun and are so glad they came to visit. We played more Rook in 1 and a half days than I have in many years (perhaps my whole life). We showed them around Grand Forks, did a little shopping, and they took us out to the Pizza Ranch. Grandpa made a new friend with Major (our puppy). I don't think Grandma was too fond of him, but she did appreciate Jess' cooking (and his skills in doing home improvements). We also listened to the SWC boys' basketball game, until it cut-off for most of the second half. It was very exciting! Jess and I may go to the Friday and Saturday games if they win Thursday, so perhaps we will be seeing some of you next weekend!

Other updates from us:
--I will be defending my thesis on April 5. I have been working on this project since October of 2010 (my first semester of graduate school) and it is finally coming to an end. I am quite excited for it to be finished! If all goes well, I should have my master's degree by August (then only three years left, hopefully).
--Jess has a job!! Praise the Lord for answered prayers! He will be working for a young guy we know who owns his own construction business. They will be doing the framing for a bunch of new houses in Grand Forks. He will hopefully start that job in the next month.
--Sadly, Jess also broke his arm play basketball about two weeks ago. He got fouled hard on a fast break lay-up and landed on his wrist. He is in a full arm cast, so he is unable to use his elbow. Thankfully it is his right wrist and he is one of those crazy left-handed people, so he is able to function somewhat. He cannot do as much as he is used to, so the timing was actually ok as his new job does not start for a few weeks. He will hopefully get the cast off on April 6 (Easter weekend should be a good time for us!).

Hope all is well in Chandler, and Sioux Falls, and Pella, and Milwaukee, and Canton, and Sioux Center (did I miss anybody?!).

Darci & Jess

No comments: