On the 16th of this month I had my yearly physical and mammogram. A few days later the nurse called and told me that my thyroid medication needed to be increased and that they spotted abnormality in the mammogram so they wanted to schedule me for a breast ultra sound. So today I went in for the ultrasound and from there the radiologist said I needed a diagnostic mammogram. They couldn't do that without an official doctors order so they brought me to awaiting room and said that once they get ahold of my doctor and she orders the diagnostic mammogram they will move forward with that test. So as I am waiting I get a call from the doctors office to tell me that I had an abnormal result on my pap smear and they want to schedule me for a biopsy. I told her I would call her back and where I was at. She said she would look for the request from the radiologist and let the doctor know. Shortly after that I had my diagnostic mammogram and met with the radiologist at which time she recommended to move forward with a breast biopsy. This will be the 3rd or 4th one I've had so pray it continues to be benign. Th.e biopsyis scheduled for Monday at 8am and I should have the test results by the end of next week
After which I called the nurse back about the pap smear and she said that test came back showing high risk cells so they wanted to schedule a cervical biopsy. I advised that I had had a complete hysterectomy in the past so I have no cervix. She apologized and said she wasn't aware of that and normally cervical biopsy is next step. She said will talk with doctor and call me back. After which she called me back and said that the doctor wanted me to see a gynecologist specialist about the test results and have a biopsy done. I asked her what they are biopsying and she said I would have talk to the doctor but would probably be the vaginal wall. My mind was kind of gone by this time :) but she said that they test for numerous things during pap smear and something to the effect of there being 30 plus different kind of cell abnormalities they test for and mine came back as one of the 8 that fall in the "high risk" for cancer. She stressed it does not mean I have cancer just that there are cells there that run a high risk of becoming cancer cells. I am waiting to hear from them when my appointment with the gynecologist will be. I do not know if this is a gynecological specialist or a cancer gynocolgost.
Prayers appreciated - one day at a time.
Love you all, Vonda
No comments:
Post a Comment