Monday, March 16, 2009

a walk down memory lane.......


If memory serves me right, Darci broke her arm at Bob and Faith Prins's house while they were babysitting her. However, Grandpa andd Grandma got the call to take her to the doctor. When I got home that day, I walked downstairs and Danielle and Darci were sitting by the table and when I asked that what they were doing Darci pulled her arm (in the cast) out from underneath the table.
Now, onto my news..... I went to the foot surgeon today and am scheduled for foot surgery on April 1. It will be same day surgery with about a 6 week recovery time. I will be out of work 1-2 weeks (I am thinking one since my whole job is sitting down). Anyway, there is a bone broke in my ankle but he isn't going to do anything with that as I can still walk, have good mobility etc... He said if they tried to correct the break it really wouldn't change anything as I would still be able to walk, have thesame amount of mobility and the ankle would still ache. They will be doing the surgery on the actual foot and the medical procedure name is WEIL SHORTENING OF 3RD METATARSAL AND PINNIN OG MTP JOINT. They will basically be shortening my 3rd toe and putting pins in the joints of the foot to help secure it together. He said the pain is caused by my high arches, and the fact my third toe is so much longer then it should be and the bones are really loose and flexible so it isn't giving my foot any stability when I walk. They will make the incision on the top of my foot. They probably would have done surgery sooner but they have to let the incision from a mote being removed in that area heal first.
I was not surprised to find out it was surgery - I jsut didn't know what type it would be. I didn't really ask alot of questions about how long on crutches, what type of cast or dressing I would have etc... because quite frankly once I heard "surgery" at that point I jsut kind of shut down and really didn't want to know what type of receovery I was in for as it wouldn't change anything anyway. I will probably call back next week sometime and ask a few more questions but right now jsut taking a day at a time.
Love ya all, Vonda

No comments: