Sunday, August 31, 2008

The start of another year...

Hi All,

So there is really not much new for the two of us in Orange City (as usual). I started yet another year of higher education on Tuesday (let's see... that is 2 down and who knows how many more to go... 5? 6? 7?). I have a full load this semester with 18 credits. I have my last gen. ed. requirements (history and philosophy - yuck!) this semester which is really exciting! This means I can focus in on my upper level psychology classes and maybe throw in a sociology minor, if I feel like it. I am also tutoring for 4 classes and am working as a student assistant for a psychology professor. I really enjoy tutoring and assisting, so it should be another good/busy year.

Jess and I went the the NWC volleyball tournament Friday night to watch Dordt (I wanted to watch Kelsey Van Dyke who I played with in high school and who is now a freshmen at Dordt, she started and did so good! Definitely doing Southwest Chr. proud!). We also got to talk to Scott for a little bit, which was cool! We didn't think we would be seeing much of him around NW Iowa anymore, so it was a nice surprise! Sorry we did not make it for Sunday dinner (Scott offered to give us a ride), but I already had a lot of reading to do and we feel like we are still recuperating from being gone almost every weekend during the summer.

On another thought: I never really realized how much I miss high school athletics (and competition in general) until my little sister called me to tell me how her first ever high school volleyball game went. I tell ya, that really made me feel old! Oh well... I guess all I can do now is be an older sister and cheer like crazy! Good Luck to Jana, Travis, and Deidra in their sports this fall! And I guess Jason and Heather too! Are you liking volleyball, Heather?

Hope all is well with everyone!
Love you all!

Darci

p.s. Travis, are you a legal driver yet??? :)

No comments: